Apple Crisp with Peanut Butter Crumble
Apple Crisp with Peanut Butter Crumble is the BEST apple crisp I've ever eaten! Soft apples topped with a sweet oatmeal crumble and peanut butter chips is very easy to make and simply irresistible!
Servings 6 people
- 4 cups apples peeled, pared and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup peanut butter baking chips
Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish and preheat oven to 325°F.
Place thinly sliced apples in baking dish.
Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Melt butter and stir into dry ingredients.
Stir in peanut butter chips, then sprinkle mixture over apples.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
- Slice apples thin – this allows them to cook quickly and get tender faster
- Can use sliced or chunked apples, just make sure pieces are thin and uniform
- Adding apple juice or apple cider to the apples is optional, but helps make the apples even more tender
- Use a mixture of Granny Smith and Gala apples or another similar red apple
- Peanut butter chips can be substituted for butterscotch chips
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg