Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
Are you looking for an easy potluck dessert that everyone will love? These Peanut Butter Caramel Bars have sweet peanut butter cups added to the cake mix with a layer of caramel and crunchy peanuts topped with rich chocolate icing tastes like a Snickers Bar on top. We can not stop eating these!
Servings 20 bar cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup mini peanut butter cups chopped
Peanut Caramel Topping
- 14 ounce jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1 can prepared chocolate icing
Grease 13 x 9-inch pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, egg and chopped peanut butter cups. Mix well and press into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
Just before cookies are done baking use a saucepan to combine caramel topping, peanut butter, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over low heat until peanut butter is melted. Remove from heat and stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over crust. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until almost set. Cool completely.
Spread chocolate icing over bar cookies. Top with additional peanuts if desired.
- Have all ingredients ready and read through the entire recipe before beginning
- Use a heaping cup of chopped peanut butter cups - a little extra is better in this case
- It takes a few minutes to press the cookie dough into the pan - make sure it is spread evenly throughout the pan
- Don't overbake the cookies since there is a caramel, peanut butter layer to pour on and additional baking time
- If you would like the icing to stay solid and set be sure to cool the cookies completely or the icing will run
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg