Asian Asparagus is a quick and easy side dish that has lots of flavor with only 5 simple ingredients! The garlic, ginger and soy sauce combination makes asparagus taste great!
Servings 4 people
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- toasted almonds optional
Wash and prepare asparagus by chopping into 1 1/2" - 2" pieces.
Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat and saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Add asparagus and cook. Stir often until asparagus is crisp yet also tender.
Add ginger and stir. Add soy sauce and remove from heat as soon as it boils. Stir and serve immediately.
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2" to 2" strips to decrease cooking time
- Wait until asparagus is cooked to add soy sauce and be prepared to remove from heat immediately or it can burn
- We like to keep minced garlic in a jar in the refrigerator to save time
- Fresh ginger adds an amazing full flavor to the asparagus
Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 851IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 3mg