Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom and Onion Gravy
We love pork and fresh mushrooms, so we wanted to create a recipe to make pork chops in the Instant Pot with a fresh and flavorful gravy. These Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom and Onion Gravy make a great supper!
Servings 4 people
- 4 boneless pork chops 1" thick
- 2 - 4 tablespoons oil for browning chops
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Using the sauté setting on a 6-quart Instant Pot, add a bit of the vegetable oil to the pot. When the oil is sizzling, add the seasoned chops, browning them on each side, working in two batches. Remove the browned chops to a plate and reserve. Add additional oil if needed to complete the browning process.
Add the mushrooms, onions, dry onion soup mix, and vinegar to the drippings in the IP, cooking for a minute or so. Add the broth, then place the browned chops on top.
Lock the IP lid into place. Using the manual button, choose the High-Pressure setting for 8 - 10 minutes, bringing the IP to full pressure. When the timer sounds, use a natural release for 15-20 minutes. Unlock and remove the IP lid, removing the cooked chops to a plate.
Whisk the prepared cornstarch slurry into the liquids that remain in the IP. Using the sauté setting once again to bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook the sauce just until nicely thickened, 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
Serve the pork chops smothered with the prepared mushroom and onion gravy at once.
- Choose thick pork chops that are 1" thick
- Test cooking pork chops in your electric pressure cooker
- If the pork chops are dry decrease cook time and increase natural release time
- Always use natural release when making pork chops
- Cornstarch is not required, but it does help the gravy thicken up more quickly
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 926mg | Potassium: 804mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg