Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
Our Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Meat Loaf is an easy dinner and it can be sliced to make bacon cheeseburger sandwiches if desired. Even the picky eaters in our family loved this spin on cheeseburgers! #easycrockpotrecipe #baconcheeseburger
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 6 - 8 slices bacon
- 6 slices American cheese
Combine all ingredients except cheese slices and bacon and mix thoroughly.
Shape into loaf and place in greased crock. Cover with slices of bacon in whatever pattern makes you happy.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Use 1 or 2 spatulas to remove bacon covered cheeseburger meatloaf onto a baking sheet and place under broiler for 1 to 3 minutes to crisp up bacon. Keep a close eye on the meatloaf so the bacon doesn't burn.
Add slices of cheese immediately and allow to melt.
- Fully defrosted ground beef will be easiest to mix
- Ensure that bacon cheeseburger meat loaf ingredients are mixed well so that each bite has a consistent flavor
- Ketchup or bbq sauce can be added, but I like the amount of moisture in this mixture and I prefer not to add additional flavors
- Broiling is optional, but remember browning the bacon isn't just a color, it adds great flavor to the crock pot meatloaf
- If using the broiler be sure not to let the bacon burn
- Always use a meat thermometer to ensure that ground beef has been c0oked to 160ºF
- All cooking appliances and conditions are different, so you should test these times and guidelines first in your own appliance to determine what adjustments may be needed!
Calories: 802kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 480mg | Sodium: 1600mg | Potassium: 827mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 938IU | Calcium: 518mg | Iron: 6mg