Crème De Menthe Chocolate Mint Cake
Are you craving a delicious mint and chocolate dessert? This Crème De Menthe Chocolate Mint Cake is rich and moist, but EASY enough for anyone to make! Start with a box of cake mix, add a few ingredients and end up with a bakery quality cake.
Servings 15 people
- 1 box Devil's food cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Creme de menthe chips vary amount to strengthen mint flavoring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix all ingredients except baking chips well. Then gently fold in chips.
I always use a 9 x 13 pan, by 2 - 9 inch round pans can also be used. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle additional creme de menthe chips on top of cake if desired, but know that the mint flavor can get very strong quickly :)
- Mix ingredients very well before adding baking chips
- Be careful not to add liquids to pudding mix only as it can begin to set up like pudding
- The pudding makes this cake so moist, but it also means the cake takes longer than normal to bake
- Baking times vary, so I use a toothpick to test the cake a couple times to prevent burning
- Cake can be made in two 9 inch pans or in a 9 x 13-inch pan
- I always use store bought icing to save time, but feel free to make homemade icing
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3mg