Easy Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Mess Cake
Do you need an easy dessert recipe for having friends over for dinner? This Easy Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Mess Cake is a fuss-free dessert that everyone will enjoy! The easy cake should be served warm right out of the crock pot and it tastes even better served with vanilla ice cream!
Servings 12 people
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 egg
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
Spray crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray or use a liner.
Set aside peanut butter chips. Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly. Add peanut butter chips and stir.
Cook on low in slow cooker for 4.5 to 5 hours. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- This cake has more of a pudding/sour cream/lave like consistency than any cake baked in an oven.
- Either a 5-quart or 6-quart slow cooker works fine, but don't use a smaller slow cooker.
- Cake can be stirred after 3 1/2 hours to help prevent the bottom and edges from burning.
- I like to serve from the edged first, replace the lid and give the center more time to set up when this cake is being served over a longer period of time.
- A crock pot liner makes clean-up so much easier. The liner can also be picked up a bit to see how set up the cake is along the edges.
- With all of the ingredients added to the cake mix this makes a pretty big batch of cake. We've made this for 10 people and had plenty of cake leftover which is always a good thing!
- Just like our Marble Chocolate Cream Cheese Bars a box of German Chocolate cake mix works well, but almost any chocolate cake mix can be used. Keep testing until you find your favorite flavors! I like to avoid the double or triple fudge or cocoa because it can get a little too rich when adding peanut butter baking chips which are also extra rich.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 523mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg