Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Casserole
Creamy alfredo sauce mixed with chicken and spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes, mushroom and spinach accents make an easy Creamy Tuscan Chicken and Spaghetti Casserole.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups shredded chicken cooked
- 1/2 pound cut spaghetti cooked
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced or quartered
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 15 ounce jar garlic Alfredo sauce
- 3 ounces sundried tomatoes cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
Cook spaghetti and chicken (if necessary). Drain and return spaghetti to pot.
Mix in chicken, mushrooms, spinach, Alfredo sauce and tomatoes.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together and sprinkle evenly over casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 20 - 30 minutes until heated through.
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces to help spread the delicious flavors throughout more bites
- Slice or quarter mushrooms
- Can prepare and shred chicken especially for this recipe, but we like to use leftover rotisserie chicken or even a can of shredded chicken to save time
- If garlic alfredo sauce isn't available add minced garlic or fresh garlic to regular alfredo sauce
- We like cut spaghetti because it's easier for many of us, including our young kids to eat, but any type of pasta can be used
- If bread crumb topping starts to brown cover with foil to prevent burning, but allow casserole to heat through
- Chicken casserole reheats well, but may need extra sauce added to maximize flavor
- Casserole can be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months and reheated - I typically add more sauce or cheese when reheating a frozen chicken and spaghetti casserole to help keep it moist
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 575mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 493IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg