Pork and Sauerkraut Roll-Ups
Ground pork and sauerkraut are rolled up and topped with bacon to create a flavorful and juicy meat dish that my husband craves. This recipe Pork and Sauerkraut Roll-Ups is one of the BEST!
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound sauerkraut drained
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Combine ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly. Use meat masher to stir.
Combine sauerkraut, onion and sugar.
On a sheet of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into a 12 x 7 inch rectangle.
Spread sauerkraut evenly over the meat.
Starting with the longest side roll into a loaf or roll-up.
Carefully transfer to a greased 9 x 12 baking dish with the seam side down.
Cut slices of bacon in half and lay each piece crosswise over top of roll-up.
Bake at 350° for 30 - 45 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in the pork reads 160°F.
Uncover and place under broiler for 1 - 3 minutes to brown bacon.
Slice and serve.
- We have a meat masher & LOVE using it to mix or cook ground meat
- Ground pork doesn't have to be exactly 12" x 7", just make sure roll isn't wider than your baking dish
- My husband loves full sauerkraut flavor, so he drains sauerkraut, but he does NOT rinse it
- Don't let sit on wax paper too long as it will eventually soak through. Create a plan, roll the pork out and work your plan with confidence.
- Use wax paper to transfer to baking dish. Pick up pork roll with wax paper and slide or roll into a greased baking dish.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure pork is properly cooked. Stop baking when an internal temp of 160ºF is reached to keep pork juicy and delicious!
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 1662mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 80IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 4mg