BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
BBQ Pulled Pork is a staple on our menu and one of our favorite dishes to make with the leftovers is these sliders. Made on Hawaiian rolls and loaded with bacon and cheese these sliders have a light and sweet glaze that is AMAZING!
Servings 12 sliders
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound pulled pork
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 slices White cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped in 2 - 3" pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place sliders on a baking sheet and cut in half.
Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on both the top and bottom of the slider rolls. Place in the oven for a few minutes until bread is slightly browned.
Warm pulled pork with barbecue sauce.
Spread warmed pulled pork with barbecue sauce evenly across slider rolls.
Add slices of cheese evenly on top of pork.
Sprinkle bacon evenly on cheese.
Place top layer of the sliders on the sandwiches
- If you don't have a long bread knife a serrated knife can be used. Start along one side and slowly spin the pan as you cut in a circle around the rolls.
- Do NOT separate the sliders. Keeping them all attached will save a lot of time when assembling the mini sandwiches.
- Browning the sliders isn't required, but it certainly adds another beautiful flavor to each slider and helps prevents the buns from getting soggy.
- Making your own bacon and chopping into 2 - 3" pieces work great, I really love to see a nice piece of bacon settling into melted cheese, but purchasing precooked bacon bits works well too and can save time.
- Yellow sharp cheddar works as well as sharp white cheddar.
- Shredded cheese works fine too, it may take a little longer to melt and may run more than slices depending on how much is used.
- We've tested this recipe with Havarti and mozzarella and definitely like cheddar the best!
- These sliders are best just out of the oven!
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 564mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg