Are you looking forward to warm weather and easy fruity desserts? While these Sunshine Lemon-Raspberry Bars are delicious any time of the year they remind me of sunshine and warm weather. The white chocolate drizzle ties the lemon juice and raspberry jam flavors together perfectly!
Lemon Raspberry Custard Dessert Bars
The best parts of this dessert are the raspberry jam and white chocolate drizzle. The lemon juice adds a fresh tang that is perfect for spring and summer! We have a couple other desserts with raspberry jam that we crave Raspberry German Crumb Cake Bars.
My mom has had this recipe for years. She has collected farm magazines for decades and adapted recipes as she has time and need for a new dish. She whipped this dessert up and told me that it’s so good I had to add it to my blog. Since mom is always right I hope you enjoy this dessert as much as we do.
Another dessert with raspberry flavors that we love is our Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake with a raspberry sauce!
How to Make Sunshine Lemon-Raspberry Bars
Beat butter in mixing bowl, then add powdered sugar. Add flour and press the dough into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake until golden.
Combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, more flour and baking powder. Pour this mixture over the hot crust and bake longer until the custard is set and the top is golden.
Melt the jam in a microwave safe bowl and pour over lemon bars. Cool completely.
Melt vanilla baking chips and drizzle over cooled bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Here are a few other treats that we like to enjoy in the sunshine:
We hope you enjoy these desserts as much as we do!
Printable Recipe for Sunshine Lemon-Raspberry Bars
Sunshine Lemon-Raspberry Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup vanilla baking chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Add powdered sugar; beat until combined. Gradually beat in 2 cups flour.
- Press dough into bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake ro 18 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar, lemon juice, ½ cup flour and baking powder in large mixer bowl; beat 2 minutes. Pour over hot crust. Bake 25 minutes longer or until custard is set and top is golden. Place pan on wire rack to cool.
- Spread raspberry jam evenly over the custard.
- Place baking chips in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer or until smooth when stirred. Drizzle over cooled bars. Store in refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.