Shredded parmesan cheese makes the bottom layer of the best low-carb crustless Spinach Bacon Quiche recipe.
Four kinds of cheese mix with eggs, milk and mayo to create a creamy and delicious quiche with wonderful bacon and spinach flavors.
Spinach and Bacon Quiche
This cheesy, creamy, hearty quiche melts in your mouth. It will elevate your brunch spread from good to great! The spinach and bacon perfectly balance each other mixed with melted cheeses to make a hearty dish.
While quiche is most popular for brunch, our family enjoys this Spinach and Bacon Quiche as a main dish for dinner too. The simple ingredients mix together quickly making this recipe very easy to prepare.
Colby, Swiss and mozzarella cheese are combined with eggs, milk, mayonnaise, onion and frozen spinach to make a crustless quiche pie that is delightful. The variety of cheeses is my favorite part of every bite.
Just like in our Cowboy Breakfast Skillet and Bacon Breakfast Casserole our family loves when cheeses are blended with other classic breakfast ingredients.
I love how there’s a lot of vegetables in this breakfast dish, but the meaty bacon and cheesy flavors all compliment each other so well. Our Egg, Sausage & Brioche Breakfast Casserole and our Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole also blend wonderful and unique flavors in every bite.
Tips & Tricks
- Spinach should be defrosted and well-drained. Toss into a strainer and squeeze handfuls so that all of the juice is squeezed out.
- If fresh spinach is used ensure that it is well-drained to prevent a soupy quiche.
- Flour is used to help thicken up the milk and help ingredients stick together.
- Freshly shredded cheeses maximize fresh flavors, but pre-shredded cheese may also be used.
- Quiche is done or set when the center stops jiggling when bumped and when a serrated knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Can Fresh Spinach Be Used Instead of Frozen Spinach
Fresh spinach that has never been frozen or wilted creates more volume in the same amount of weight as frozen spinach. Therefore fresh spinach is more challenging to get mixed in to the other ingredients.
When an equal amount of fresh spinach is used as frozen spinach, pieces will pop up on top and may burn while baking. So the solution is to decrease the amount of fresh spinach slightly, add wilted fresh spinach to the recipe, or chop spinach well before mixing in.
When I have extra fresh spinach I love using it in this Green Monster Smoothie.
- Parmesan cheese
- Colby cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Swiss cheese
- Bacon bits
- Frozen spinach
How to Make Spinach and Bacon Quiche
Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9″ pie plate. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese evenly in the bottom and bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melting together.
Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl mix remaining cheese, mayo, eggs, milk, chopped onion, flour and bacon bits together
Add spinach that has been well drained and stir well.
Pour over Parmesan cheese crust and bake for 55 minutes to an hour until the edges are browning and the center is set.
More Delicious Brunch Recipes
Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins are a cross between a muffin and cupcake that are super moist and really easy to make.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Croissant Bake is an overnight egg breakfast casserole is perfect for a special breakfast or brunch like Mother’s Day, Christmas or Easter.
Buttermilk Coffee Cake has a sweet brown sugar streusel topping that is irresistible!
Printable Spinach Bacon Quiche Recipe
Spinach Bacon Quiche
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces frozen spinach thawed, drained well and chopped
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in the bottom of a 9" pie pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together remaining shredded cheeses, lighly beaten eggs, milk and mayo. Mix well.
- Next add chopped onion, flour, spinach and bacon. Stir well and pour over parmesan cheese base layer in pie pan. Bake for 55 minutes to an hour until the center is set. Allow to rest for about ten minutes before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is delicious! Love the spinach dip like flavors that come through.