Who wants to try a dessert with a delicious pumpkin and cream cheese combination? Then these pumpkin tops are for you!
Pumpkin Top Cookies are a delicious cross between a pumpkin cookie and pumpkin muffin. The cream cheese icing is amazing! This is the perfect fall dessert!
If you enjoy this recipe you may also enjoy our Pumpkin Carrot Cake!
Pumpkin Cookie or Muffin
We were craving an easy pumpkin treat and I found this recipe in the family archives. The recipe was called “pumpkin cookies” but they almost taste like a pumpkin muffin.
So the cute little neighbor boy stopped by on his golf cart. I gave him one and asked what he would call it. He settled on Pumpkin Top. The shape looks like the top of a pumpkin, the cream cheese icing makes it delicious and it tastes good, so does it really matter if it’s a cookie, muffin or cake?
Cream Cheese Icing for Pumpkin Desserts
I totally meant to make homemade cream cheese icing from “The Best Cake” Recipe, but I got really tired shoveling dirt to make a flower bed. We’ve been shoveling for days and it’s great exercise, but the project needs to be wrapped up before spring. So I opted for the can of cream cheese icing that we already had.
My husband was away for the weekend farming with his family on the other side of the state. When he got home and he was enjoying a Pumpkin Top cookie he said the entire reason you bake with pumpkin is so you can cover it with cream cheese icing. He was pleased with the treats!
OTHER EASY PUMPKIN RECIPES FROM THE FARM:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Applesauce Muffins
- Pecan Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Big Batch Pumpkin Pies for a Crowd
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
- Pumpkin Fluff
Here is another of our family’s favorite pumpkin treats, Pumpkin Pie Cake. We hope you enjoy these treats as much as we do!
Printable Recipe for Pumpkin Top, Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Top Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin cooked
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- 1/2 cup nuts optional
1 can of purchased cream cheese icing OR a batch of homemade cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream sugar and butter well. Add egg, mix well.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture and pumpkin mixture alternately to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Add raisins and nuts if desired. Drop by teaspoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 9-12 minutes in oven.
- Let cool and frost with homemade or a can of cream cheese icing.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply