Tangy with fresh blueberry and lemon flavors and sweet with a cinnamon sugar topping, this Lemon Blueberry Bundt cake is perfect to enjoy with a cup of coffee at brunch or dessert.
Fresh Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
A thick batter with fresh blueberries is made brighter with lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. This bundt cake which is made from scratch has a pound cake consistency. It is perfect for adding variation to the dessert table or trying a new coffee cake for brunch.
Ever since making these Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Muffins and Blueberry Mystery Cake that feature blueberries and lemons I’ve been craving that combination in other baked goods. I just needed a recipe that could be mixed up in 15 minutes or less and this one fits the bill!
My family loves cakes, so our first experiment was this cake. We enjoy the classics, but we also enjoy changing up the routine. We have some beautiful bundt cakes with unique flavors that are SIMPLE to make. Our Blackberry Jam Bundt Cake and Chocolate Spice Cake are old-fashioned homemade cake recipes. Our Rum Glazed Bundt Cake and Black Forest Cherry Bundt Cake both use a box mix.
Non-chocolate cakes are funny because they obviously work well for dessert, but so many of them taste great for brunch like Buttermilk Coffee Cake. I tend to prefer the blueberry and lemon flavors for a special treat at brunch.
Tips for Making Bundt Cake
- A fresh lemon and fresh, sweet blueberries make this cake taste the best
- Start with cold butter to slice up and cut into the topping mixture
- I like to use a thick layer of non-stick cooking spray with flour on the entire bundt pan
- Measure out blueberries and stir in a tablespoon of flour to help cover the berries and prevent them from floating to the bottom of the batter while baking
- The cake can be made in a greased 9″ baking pan with the crumbly mixture sprinkled on top if desired
- Lemon can be omitted to make a blueberry bundt cake if desired
- Almonds could be mixed into the batter or sliced almonds could be sprinkled on top to accent the fruit flavors
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
Mix sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Slice COLD butter onto this mixture.
Keep cutting and mixing until the biggest piece of butter is pea sized.
Spray a bundt pan or 9″ square pan with non-stick cooking spray with flour.
Pour crumbly topping mixture into the pan and gently push up each egde about an inch or two to maximize coverage of the topping on the cake as it bakes.
Take 1 tablespoon of flour and pour over blueberries. Stir gently to coat all blueberries.
Mix together remaining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Using an electric mixer stir in egg, milk, melted butter, juice from one lemon and zest from one lemon into dry ingredients.
Use a zester to take a thin layer of lemon zest off of the fruit. Do not intentionally cut into the white pith of the lemon.
Batter will be thick. Gently fold in blueberries by hand and pour into baking pan.
Bake in a 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Other Easy Cakes
- Church Cake – Pudding and whipped topping are delicious added to a Jiffy cake mix
- Oreo Dirt Cake – Oreo lovers always go straight for this dish on the dessert table!
- Cream Puff Cake – One of my favorite cakes ever and SO easy to make at home!
- Angel Food Cake Dessert with Cherries – Cut up a prepared angel food cake and mix in a few other ingredients for a light and delicious dessert.
Lemon Blueberry Bundt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter cold
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon together. Slice cold butter over mixture.
- Use a pastry knife to cut butter into dry ingredients until the largest piece of butter is pea sized or smaller.
- Spread in the bottom of a greased and floured bundt pan or 9" square pan. Gently push mixture 1 or 2" up the sides.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a seperate bowl mix 1 tablespoon of flour into dry blueberries.
- Add milk, egg, melted butter, fresh squeezed lemon juice and zest from one lemon. Stir well.
- Gently fold in blueberries and pour into baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 35 – 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.