Our whole family loves granola bars. A sweet family member Julie shared this homemade granola bar recipe with me because it makes a great breakfast on the go and it is a great snack for kids and everyone in the family. This homemade granola bar is packed full of fiber and whole grains. We love that it makes a big batch that lasts for a couple weeks in the refrigerator.
Healthy Homemade Granola bars with Chocolate
These are the healthiest granola bars we’ve ever had with chocolate! We love adding extra mini chocolate chips which we know takes away from the healthiness of the recipe, but they’re so delicious! It does take a little bit of extra effort to round up some of the ingredients that we didn’t have on hand, but we make this recipe at least once a month. Here are links to some of the less common items on Amazon: chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, brown rice syrup.
Our family really enjoys having these homemade granola bars or some Easy Banana Nut Muffins fresh on our farmhouse table! We hope you enjoy these wholesome snacks as much as we do!
Printable Farmhouse Granola Bar Recipe
Homemade Farmhouse Granola Bars
- 5 cups regular rolled oats
- 4 cups rice crispy cereal
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 jar brown rice syrup
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line 13x17x1" baking sheet with waxed paper, leaving extra paper on each each end.
- Gather first 8 DRY ingredients in bowl and lightly mix.
- Bring syrup and peanut butter to a slight boil on top of the stove. Stir often to prevent burning. Remove from the heat, add vanilla and blend.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Mix and mix. This will be rough, but get it all mixed evenly. Then reward yourself by mixing in chocolate chips. Pour onto baking sheet. Pack the mixture down hard into the sheet. If you feel like you did a really great job sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
- Put pan in freezer for 10 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet by lifting up on extra waxed paper. Cut into 1 x 5" pieces with a pizza cutter. Store in an air tight container.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.