A ball of cookie dough dipped in chocolate makes these Classic Cookie Dough Truffles. This is one of our favorite no-bake dessert recipes!
Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe
If cookie dough dipped in chocolate is what dreams are made of then these candy truffles make dreams come true!
The first time we made this recipe my 5 year old daughter made them for a cooking contest at the county fair. She won first place and is SO PROUD!
When a recipe is so easy a kid can make it that’s a winner in our house! The sprinkles are clearly her touch. I love that the cookie dough balls are so easy to personalize with seasonal or your favorite sprinkles.
Also known as cookie dough dots it doesn’t matter what you call them, this recipe is delicious!
Is the Cookie Dough Safe to Eat?
There are no eggs in this dough and the flour is baked before using, so the recipe is safe to eat.
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate candy coating
Step By Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a large baking sheet with foil and spread all-purpose flour out evenly on top. Place sheet in preheated oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Allow flour to cool a bit.
In a medium sized mixing bowl beat softened butter. Add brown sugar and use an electric mixer to mix well.
Add flour and mix. Then add can of sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
Gently fold in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Use small cookie scoop or tablespoon to create evenly sized balls of dough.
Using clean hands roll out each ball into a round ball with a smooth outer surface.
Place balls on waxed paper. Cover with plastic wrap or place in a sealed container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
We prefer to refrigerate the dough before dipping in chocolate as chilled dough is a bit easier to work with.
Place 1 to 2 cups of dark chocolate melting wafers into a glass or other microwave safe bowl. Follow the package on the directions and stir often.
Once chocolate is melted coat chocolate chip cookie dough balls in chocolate to make truffles.
Use two forks to help drain off excess chocolate or use a toothpick or two.
Place on parchment paper or waxed paper and allow space between each chocolate coated ball to dry.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting chips are our favorite chocolate coating to use
- Sprinkles should be applied immediately before chocolate dries
- Dough can be rolled into balls and refrigerated a couple days before dipping
- Pink sprinkles are fun at Valentine’s day, orange sprinkles are perfect for Halloween and red and green make Christmas even more fun
- A shortcut is purchasing edible cookie dough, making balls and dipping in chocolate
Storage and Freezing
After chocolate dipped truffles have dried and are firm they can be frozen in an airtight bag or container.
Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles do not require refrigeration, but will last longer when kept chilled in an airtight bag or container.
More Delicious Recipes for Christmas Treats:
Homemade Cake Bites start with a confetti fudge squares and dip them in white chocolate for even more sweet flavor.
Easy Farmhouse Fudge is my grandma’s recipe that brings back special memories!
Butterscotch Chocolate Candy Clusters only has 4 ingredients and is so simple to make.
Mint Chocolate Chip Truffles are another fun truffle recipe with a minty twist.
Printable Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour baked and cooled
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 pound dark chocolate candy coating
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread flour out on a large foil lined baking sheet. Bake flour for 5 to 7 minutes as consuming raw flour is not recommended.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream butter. Add brown sugar and mix well.
- Add flour once cooled and mix. Then stir in milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out evenly sized balls and then roll with your hands to make round.
- Lay on wax paper covered baking sheets, cover loosely and refrigerate 1- 2 hours until firm.
- Melt chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Dip balls in coating and return to waxed paper. Add sprinkles or drizzle white chocolate on top.
- Keep refrigerated to maintain firm truffles.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.