With a garlic bread is the crust this easy Chicken Parmesan Pizza recipe makes a quick meal everyone will enjoy. When you need a last minute meal or appetizer that makes people happy without much effort this one is a winner!
Chicken Parmesan Pizza Recipe
A combination of pizza and parmesan chicken, this is a kid friendly meal or party appetizer that the whole family can enjoy. In less than 30 minutes with 5 ingredients and very little effort this restaurant style meal is easy to make at home on a budget.
This Chicken Parmesan Pizza begins by making a small loaf of frozen garlic bread and frozen chicken tenders on the same baking sheet. Add a layer of marinara sauce, chopped chicken, Italian cheese and sprinkle with basil. Return to the oven until the cheese melts and serve.
Like our Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sub this parmesan chicken pizza is part sub and part pizza but 100% enjoyable. Another recipe to try if you like this one is our Italian BLT.
My mom often used breaded chicken with sauce and cheese to serve over spaghetti, but serving baked on garlic bread is genius. After you make this recipe once you won’t even need notes in the future, it’s that easy!
Frozen Garlic Bread is the fastest way to make this recipe. We always use the smaller loaf, but a longer loaf or slices can work too, just adjust the amount of toppings appropriately.
Marinara Sauce is my favorite, but pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce can work too.
Chicken Tenders are the meat of the meal and it’s fine to use your favorite flavor. We like the thin, crispy chicken tenders that slice up easily. Chicken tenderloins can be chopped instead of sliced. Cooked or leftover boneless skinless chicken breasts or cooked ground chicken also work well.
Italian Cheese can easily be switched out for Mozzarella cheese or your favorite cheese. We don’t always do this, but parmesan cheese can easily be sprinkled on top too! When using parmesan be sure to use another cheese that melts well.
Basil can be fresh or lightly dried for maximum fresh flavor. While my kids enjoy basil now a few years ago they would have preferred just using plain cheese.
Recipe Tips & Tricks:
- Put toppings all the way to the ends so the end pieces are covered with cheese after slicing
- This garlic bread pizza is easier to cut with a bench scraper than a pizza cutter
- Homemade pizza dough may be used, but we enjoy
- Bacon bits can be added for another fun flavor
Step By Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange 4 medium sized chicken strips on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
Open garlic bread and place butter side up on baking sheet. Bake for an additional 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown.
Add marinara sauce and spread evenly over the seasoned side of the bread.
Cut chicken into 1/2″ slices or chop into small pieces and place on top of sauce.
Sprinkle cheese and fresh basil on top. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
Slice and serve a green salad!
More Easy Family Recipes:
BBQ Country Style Ribs in the Instant Pot are super tender and delicious! Very enjoyable for everyone in the family.
Chicken & Stuffing Casserole is another comfort food favorite with simple ingredients!
Chicken Fajita Pizza is another fun spin on pizza with refrigerated dough and fajita toppings.
Printable Parmesan Chicken Pizza Recipe
Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- 8 ounce loaf frozen garlic bread
- 4 large breaded chicken fingers
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place chicken fingers on one half of the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place garlic bread butter side up on the other half of the baking sheet and return to the oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Spread marinara sauce over bread.
- Cut chicken fingers into half-inch strips and arrange over sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil. Return to the hot oven for 2 – 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply